Improving Access To Government Services In Thunder Bay
McGuinty Government Brings Health Card and Driver's Licence Services Under One Roof
Ministry of Government Services
Residents of Thunder Bay can now make one trip to any local ServiceOntario centre for most health card, driver's licence and vehicle registration services.
Thunder Bay is the first community in Ontario to have access to this fully integrated service - saving everyone time and money. Thunder Bay's three convenient ServiceOntario centres now offer services such as:
- Health card renewals
- Driver's licence renewals
- Licence plate validation stickers
- Address change on health cards and driver's licences
- Health card and driver's licence replacements.
Previously, there was one health card office and two driver and vehicle service offices in Thunder Bay.
- The three ServiceOntario centres are located at County Fair Plaza at 1020 Dawson Road, 400 Balmoral Place and 435 James Street South. There is also a self-serve kiosk at the Intercity Shopping Centre at 1000 Fort William Road.
- Address changes, birth certificates, and vehicle registration renewals and other services are also available online at ServiceOntario.ca.
- Close to 95 per cent of Ontarians will be within 10 kilometres of an integrated ServiceOntario centre by the end of 2010.
ServiceOntario is making it easier for the people of Thunder Bay. I am delighted we are the first city in the province to offer integrated services at our three local ServiceOntario centres.”
Ontarians and their families will benefit from a one-stop shopping experience for health card and driver's licence services at 300 ServiceOntario centres across the province by the end of 2010.”