Deadline Approaching For Antlerless Deer Tag Draw
Hunters Are Reminded Of Earlier Deadline This Year
Ministry of Natural Resources
The deadline for hunters to apply for the antlerless deer validation tag draw is fast approaching.
This year, the deadline has been moved forward a month, to June 30.
Seasons are starting earlier in many areas, so the draw deadline was moved up to help ensure that hunters receive their tags before the season opens.
Hunters with a valid hunting version Outdoors Card can apply to the Antlerless Deer Tag Draw by phone or in person:
- Apply using the automated phone system 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 1-800-288-1155. (A credit card is required.) The deadline for telephone applications is 11:55 p.m. (ET) on June 30.
- Apply at a ServiceOntario/Government Information Centre during their regular business hours. The deadline for paper applications to be received at a ServiceOntario Centre is 5:00 p.m. (ET) on June 30.
- All revenue from sales of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is used for wildlife and fisheries management.
- Read more information about the tag draw application process and seasons for deer hunters. (PDF)
- For more information on hunting anywhere in the province, read the 2009-10 Hunting Regulations Summary or call the Natural Resources Information Centre at 1-800-667-1940.