Summer Weekend GO Train Service Returning Between Barrie and Toronto
Ontario Government Improving Public Transit
Ontario is making it easier to take public transit this summer by once again running GO Train trips along the Barrie line on weekends and holidays.
Starting on June 29 and running until September 2, the extra train service will include:
- Four southbound train trips to Union Station, making all stops from Allandale Waterfront GO Station
- Four northbound train trips from Union Station, making all stops to Allandale Waterfront GO Station
- GO Buses between Rutherford GO Station and Canada's Wonderland, connecting with every weekend and holiday train trip
- Regular weekend and holiday GO Bus service in the Barrie corridor
Investing in public transit is part of the new Ontario government's plan to help reduce congestion, strengthen the economy and create jobs.
- On a typical weekday, GO runs more than 200 train trips and over 2,100 bus trips that carry about 259,000 passengers, reducing the number of car trips in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area by about 223,000.
- GO Transit moves 65 million riders a year.
- Since 2003, Ontario has invested approximately $7.7 billion in GO Transit to improve service and expand routes.
“Additional GO Train service on weekends and holidays will give passengers along the Barrie line more convenience and flexibility when taking public transit. Our unprecedented transit investments are making public transit a better choice for commuters, reducing congestion on our roads and contributing to a better quality of life for Ontario families.”
“This is great news. More GO Train service along the Barrie line on weekends and holidays will give people more travel options. Visitors to our area will now have the option to take the train up to Barrie for the weekend and enjoy our beautiful waterfront city and all it has to offer!”
“GO Transit’s seasonal weekend schedules have been improved, making summer travel even more convenient than ever. GO’s continued expansion is one way The Big Move, Metrolinx’s regional transportation plan, is working for everyone.”