Northumberland County Chocolate Factory Expands Production
McGuinty Government Supports Agri-Food Industry, Creates Local Jobs
Ministry of Agriculture and Food
Renovations to a chocolate factory in Campbellford will help create new jobs, grow the local economy and strengthen Ontario's agri-food industry.
With support from Ontario's Rural Economic Development Program, the Blommer Chocolate Company of Canada Inc. will install new candy coating technology at its plant and:
- create 10 new jobs and keep 74 jobs
- nearly triple its production of candy coating
- use more local products from other Ontario food processors
- produce new flavours and colours of candy coating
A strong agri-food industry is part of the McGuinty government's plan to create jobs and opportunities that will grow the province's economy.
- Ontario is investing $392,805 in this project through the Rural Economic Development Program.
- Ontario has invested over $154 million in 383 projects through the Rural Economic Development Program and generated more than $1.1 billion in new economic activity.
- Over the last couple of months, Ontario had an increase of 38,000 jobs and the unemployment rate declined to 7.9 per cent.
The McGuinty government's support for this project is expanding the market for Blommer Chocolates and contributing to the success of Ontario's agri-food industry. By helping our quality food processors grow their business, we are strengthening our province's economy and creating jobs for Ontario families."
The McGuinty government's support for this project will help strengthen the economy in Campbellford and Northumberland County. With help from the Rural Economic Development Program, it will give a major local business the tools it needs to build new economic opportunities for our community in the future."
This investment will help Blommer Chocolates increase production, produce new, in-demand flavours of candy coating, hire skilled workers and, overall, make our business more competitive in the Canadian marketplace. We're excited about the growth our business is experiencing, and we're proud of the way it's benefiting Ontario."