- MPP Brampton-Springdale, 2007-present and MPP Brampton Centre, 2003 - 2007
- Minister of Labour, October 2011- February 2013
- Minister Responsible for Seniors, October 2011- February 2013
- Minister of Natural Resources, January 2010 - October 2011
- Brampton City Council, 1991-2003
Personal and Family Life
- Married (John) with three grown sons
- Born in Cork, Ireland and emigrated to Ontario with her family as a child
Linda Jeffrey was re-elected into the riding of Brampton-Springdale in 2011 for her third consecutive term as a Brampton MPP. She was appointed Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing and Chair of Cabinet in February 2013.
She has served as Minister of Labour, Minister Responsible for Seniors and Minister of Natural Resources. During her tenure with Natural Resources, Minister Jeffrey helped deliver North America's toughest piece of conservation legislation, The Endangered Species Act, which was introduced in 2007. Prior to that, Jeffrey’s Private Members Bill to raise awareness around fire safety resulted in an amendment to the Building Code in 2008, requiring new multi-unit residential buildings over three stories to have residential fire sprinkler systems installed.
Prior to entering provincial politics, Jeffrey served at the local level on Brampton City Council.