Media Advisory - Minister Runciman listens to business as he tours Southwestern Ontario
TORONTO, Aug. 17 /CNW/ - Minister of Economic Development and Trade, Bob Runciman, begins a three-day tour of Southwestern Ontario Monday. Minister Runciman will attend business meetings, tour facilities, meet with young entrepreneurs and make a cheque presentation on behalf of the Mike Harris government.
He wants to gain a first-hand understanding of the economic issues facing Southwestern Ontario. He will also discuss the ministry's initiatives and goals.
Minister Runciman's itinerary includes:
Monday August 20, 2001
- Minister Runciman attends meetings with business leaders in Brantford
and St. Thomas.
Tuesday August 21, 2001
- Minister Runciman presents a cheque to the St Clair College - James
Burgess Metal Trades Training Centre in Wallaceburg as part of the
ministry's Strategic Skills Investment Program.
- Minister Runciman visits the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia along with
Minister of Tourism, Culture and Recreation, Tim Hudak.
- Minister Runciman meets young entrepreneurs in London. The students
received cash awards for creating their own summer businesses as part
of the ministry's Summer Company program.
Wednesday August 22, 2001
- Minister Runciman tours the Lamko Tool and Mold Inc. plant in London.
- Minister Runciman addresses the London Chamber of Commerce.
- Minister Runciman tours ATS Automation Tooling Systems, Cambridge.
- Minister Runciman meets with the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce.
Details on each event will be released daily.
Disponible en français
For further information: Contacts: Kathleen Klein, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, (416) 325-6994; Hal Vincent, Minister's Office, (416) 325-8779; For more information, visit www.ontario-canada.com