TFO: Ontario's Education Television...En français
What is TFO?
TFO is Ontario's French-language, educational and cultural television station. TFO enriches the classroom experience through its television programming, website, and the award-winning multimedia content it produces.
Renowned as a world-leader in educational programming, TFO broadcasts eight hours of daily programs aimed at students and youth. TFO also airs documentaries, current affairs programs, movies and talk-shows to round out its offering for adults.
TFO supports French-language students, parents and teachers, through a variety of resources, including:
- Multiple educational websites. This includes SOS Devoirs, a website that offers homework help for students, featuring a virtual library, web links, images and exercises.
- 225 different pedagogical guides, available on the TFO website.
- 15,000 teaching resources, available by grade and by subject matter on the TFO website.
- Starter kits for parents of pre-school and kindergarten students.
- TFO representatives who consult with parents to help them use TFO's resources effectively.
Quick Facts about TFO:
- Close to 90,000 students from more than 350 schools used SOS Devoirs last year.
- TFO makes 4,000 educational television programs available to French-language schools - 1,600 of these for free over the Internet.
- About half of Ontario's French-language elementary and secondary school teachers regularly use TFO's programming in the classroom.
- TFO trains more than 2,000 French-language teachers per year on how to effectively use its television programs in the classroom.