Pottersburg Community Liaison Group announced
The ministry has established a Community Liaison Group (CLG) for the Pottersburg PCB Storage Site Decommissioning Project. The Group will review information on the planned measures that will ensure community safety and public engagement during the Project.
The Group participants include the following:
- Ms. Laura Smith - resident of the Site's neighbouring residential community. As well, Ms. Smith's child attends the nearby Faith Day Nursery School.
- Dr. Argyrios Margaritis P.Eng. - Dr. Margaritis is currently Professor of Biochemical Engineering in the Department of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering at the University of Western Ontario.
- Dr. Joseph E. Cummins - Dr. Cummins is Professor Emeritus of Genetics, University of Western Ontario and Fellow of the Institute of Science in Society London, UK. Dr. Cummins was also on the Technical Review Committee which was established in the 1980s during the cleanup of Walker Drain and Pottersburg Creek.
- Mr. Jim Mahon - Mr. Mahon is the Chair of the London and District Labour Council's Environment Committee, Chair Ontario Environment Network's Labour Caucus, and a member of the Canadian Auto Workers Local 1520. Mr. Mahon was also on the Technical Review Committee for the cleanup of Walker Drain and Pottersburg Creek in the 1980s.
- Councillor Bernie MacDonald - Councillor MacDonald represents Ward 3 in the City of London, which is the Ward in which the Pottersburg PCB Storage Site is located.
- Councillor Bill Armstrong - Councillor Armstrong represents Ward 2 in London.
- Dr. Graham Pollett- Dr. Pollett is the Medical Officer of Health for Middlesex-London.
- Dr. Sydney Siu- Consultant to the Middlesex-London Health Unit and Toxicologist and Specialist in Occupational Medicine
- Mr. Mike Bushby - Division Manager, Departmental Resources Division, Environmental and Engineering Services Department, City of London.
Ministry of the Environment representatives include:
- Ms. Tina Dufresne - District Manager, Ministry of the Environment, London.
- Mr. Todd Fleet - District Engineer, Ministry of the Environment, London.
The Group's inaugural meeting was held on Friday July 4th, 2008.