Cornwall Resident fined $1,000 for Pesticides Act Violation
Convicted - Ronald J. Lavictoire
Location - Cornwall
Description of Offence - The conviction relates to use of an illegal pesticide product without holding a permit
Date of Offence - on or about May 12, 2016
Date of Conviction - November 7, 2017
Penalty Imposed - Ronald Lavictoire was convicted of one offence under the Pesticides Act (PA), was fined $1,000 plus a victim fine surcharge of $125 and was given six months to pay the fine.
- Ronald Lavictoire resides in Cornwall
- On May 12th, 2016, the ministry received a complaint regarding an individual who appeared to be applying illegal pesticide, which had a very strong odour, to a Cornwall property.
- Mr. Lavictoire was identified as being the pesticide product applicator, and was questioned by ministry staff.
- Mr. Lavictoire was ordered to cease applying the pesticide products and to return the products to their place of purchase.
- Mr. Lavictoire complied, and receipts were provided as proof.
- The incident was referred to the ministry's Investigations and Enforcement branch, resulting in charges and one conviction.