Business fined $30,000 for Ontario Water Resources Act (OWRA) Violation
Convicted - AFS Aerial Photography Inc.
Location - London
Description of Offence - The conviction relates to the deposit of waste into a drainage ditch.
Date of Offence - On or about November 4, 2013 and ending on or about August 19, 2015
Date of Conviction - February 26, 2018
Penalty Imposed - AFS Aerial Photography Inc. was convicted of one offence under the Ontario Water Resources Act (OWRA), was fined $30,000 plus a Victim Fine Surcharge (VFS) of $7,500. The fine of $30,000 plus the VFS of $7,500 has been paid in full.
- AFS Aerial Photography Inc. is a registered corporation located on Crumlin Sideroad in London.
- In 2005, the company installed a printer at the facility.
- As part of the lab printer production process, a by-product commonly referred to as photo-processing wash water is produced.
- Evidence indicates that for a period of several months, the company was allegedly disposing of wash water by dumping it into a municipal drainage ditch.
- On August 28, 2015 the ministry became aware of this matter.
- The incident was referred to the ministry's Investigations and Enforcement Branch, resulting in charges and a conviction.