Trailer Park Owner and Operator fined $6,500 for Safe Drinking Water Act Violations
Convicted - 1347921 Ontario Inc. and Paul Stockton
Court Location - Lindsay
Description of Offence - The convictions relate to failing to sample in accordance with the Safe Drinking Water Act regulatory requirements.
Date of Offence - During the period on or about May 31, 2016
Date of Conviction - October 25, 2018
Penalty Imposed - 1347921 Ontario Inc. and Paul Stockton were convicted of one violation each under the Safe Drinking Water Act, with the numbered company sentenced to a fine of $5,000 plus victim fine surcharge of $1,250, and Paul Stockton was sentenced to a fine of $1,500 plus victim fine surcharge of $750. Both defendants were given six months to pay the fines.
- 1347921 Ontario Inc. owns Stoney Creek Trailer Park, located on Otter Line Rd. in Kawartha Lakes (the site).
- The drinking water system at the park is classified as a non-municipal year-round residential system servicing 35 mobile homes.
- Paul Stockton is the Operator of the drinking water system.
- On February 28, 2017, a site inspection was conducted and it was revealed that sampling of raw water for Escherichia coli and total coliforms not been conducted as required for the month of May 2016.
- The ministry's Investigations and Enforcement Branch investigated and laid charges resulting in the two convictions.