New Funding For College Teaching Equipment
The Government of Ontario is investing $10 million in Ontario's colleges this year for the purchase of new teaching equipment.
- New computers for classroom use
- New software for teaching purposes
- New books or electronic materials for libraries
- Specialized equipment or machinery for use in labs and classrooms
- Tools for use in shops, such as plumbing or electrical
- New materials to support additional classroom space or new programs
- New equipment to help accommodate students with disabilities.
Funding will be allocated to colleges based on enrolment.
The 2008 Budget announced $1.5 billion in new postsecondary investments in Ontario over three years. Investments include:
- $560 million to expand and improve training and apprenticeship programs across the province
- $465 million to provide more support for students, including the new textbook grant. Every full-time college and university student will now benefit from a new Textbook and Technology Grant, with grants of $150 per student this fall, $225 in the fall of 2009 and $300 in subsequent years
- $970 million invested in Ontario's colleges and universities to expand and improve facilities and equipment.