Ontario Honours Achievements Of College Graduates
Six Exceptional Ontarians To Receive Awards
Six college graduates are being honoured with a Premier's Award for exceptional achievement and contributions to their communities.
Each year, awards are presented in six categories. The 2008 Premier's Award recipients are:
- Business - Andrew Moorey, Confederation College
- Community Services - Carol-Lynn Chambers, Lambton College
- Creative Arts and Design - Kevin Doyle, Fanshawe College
- Health Sciences - Patricia O'Connor, Durham College
- Technology - James R. Harrington, Loyalist College
- Recent Graduate - Jordan Harris, Niagara College
- Over 90 per cent of graduates of Ontario’s 24 colleges are employed within six months of graduating.
- Over 150,000 students are enrolled full-time at Ontario colleges.
- The Premier’s Awards were created in 1992 and are presented annually to college graduates who have excelled in their careers and made a significant contribution to society. Recipients receive a bronze medal and $5,000 to designate to their college for student bursaries.
“This year’s recipients are wonderful examples of what our college graduates are accomplishing thanks to hard work, dedication, and the support of our world class college system.”