Honouring Outstanding Employers
McGuinty Government Honours Employers For Apprenticeship Training
Four Ontario employers have been honoured for their exceptional commitment to apprenticeship training.
The annual Minister's Apprenticeship Employer Recognition Awards celebrate employers that show leadership in training apprentices, support the apprenticeship training system, and promote careers in skilled trades.
This year's winners are:
- Abbott Point of Care, Ottawa
- All Canada Crane, Mississauga
- Bruce Power, Tiverton
- Michael's Hair Design & Day Spa, Thunder Bay
Training and education are cornerstones of the government's five-year Open Ontario plan to create new jobs and stimulate economic growth.
- There are more than 120,000 apprentices learning a skilled trade today, which is nearly 60,000 more than in 2002-2003.
- Since the awards began in 2002, more than 140 employers have been recognized for their commitment to training apprentices.
“These outstanding employers are dedicated to training apprentices and are making an important contribution to Ontario's economy, as well as their own businesses. They are helping build the expert workforce we need to prosper.”