New OSAP App Gives Students Information On The Go
McGuinty Government Making It Easier For Students To Plan For Their Education
Checking the status of an OSAP application is as easy as posting on Facebook or Twitter.
Ontario's new mobile OSAP app is the first interactive app of its kind for the government. It will allow busy students to get up-to-date information and check their application status on their smart phone. Students applying for OSAP will now know when and how much they can expect to receive from OSAP -- anywhere, anytime.
Going mobile is just one of the recent OSAP improvements that is making life easier for Ontario students. This year, applications will be made available months earlier and students have access to a brand-new OSAP website. The changes will help students understand what financial aid is available sooner so they can plan better and focus more on their studies.
With more financial aid options than ever before, the province is making college and university easier to access for students. This is an important part of the McGuinty government's Open Ontario to help every student succeed and build a knowledge based economy for the future.
- Visit www.ontario.ca/OSAPmobile to create an icon on your smart phone so the app is always a click away.
- Seven out of 10 jobs will need a postsecondary education in the future.
- The government's Open Ontario plan will raise the number of Ontarian's with a postsecondary education credential to 70 per cent.
- In 2010-11, the government is providing $81 million in additional financial support for college and university students.
- Since 2003-04, there has been a 56 per cent increase in the number of Ontario college and university students qualifying for OSAP.
- Ontario's 63 per cent postsecondary education rate is one of the highest in the world.
“Our government is committed to making college and university accessible on the basis of ability to learn, not ability to pay. This new OSAP mobile app, along with recent OSAP enhancements and our new website, gives students the support they need to pursue their passion and achieve the career of their dreams.”
“Our community knows how important a postsecondary education is to our young people and to our province. The OSAP mobile app is an important new tool that will help them keep track of their financial aid applications anywhere they happen to be.”