Helping Students Find Summer Jobs
McGuinty Government Supports Job Opportunities for Students
Students across the province can now apply for a broad range of exciting summer jobs through the Ontario government.
Ontario's Summer Jobs Program connects students to jobs in the private sector or government and offers support to help young entrepreneurs launch their own summer business. It provides lots of opportunities for students to turn their passion into a summer job and gain important work experience for successful careers.
Students aged 15 to 30 who plan to return to school this fall are eligible and can apply through Ontario.ca/SummerJobs, where they can:
- Find job listings
- Search for a job through Employment Ontario agencies
- Get help to improve their marketing skills and resume writing
- Learn how to start their own Summer Company
- Apply for a job with the Ontario government.
Employers are also encouraged to hire students and provide hands-on training for tomorrow's workforce through a $2-per-hour hiring incentive.Summer Jobs is part of the McGuinty government's Open Ontario plan to help every student succeed and build a knowledge-based economy for the future.
- Summer Jobs Service is open to students aged 15 to 30 years who are planning to return to school this fall.
- Last summer, the government helped more than 127,000 Ontario students find jobs.
“Summer jobs let students discover the workplace and explore their passion and talents. These jobs help young people make money for their studies, and contribute to Ontario's overall future.”