Honouring Outstanding Employers
McGuinty Government Salutes Excellence in Apprenticeship Training
Sixteen Ontario employers are being recognized for their dedication to training the next generation of skilled workers and supporting the province's economic future.
The annual Minister's Awards for Apprenticeship Training celebrate employers that show leadership in training apprentices, support the apprenticeship training system, and promote careers in skilled trades. From these 16 nominees, four will be announced as 2011 winners in June:
- Arborvalley Urban Forestry Co. Inc. (Newmarket)
- Besseling Mechanical Inc. (Hamilton)
- BLM Transportation Group Inc. (Kitchener)
- Community Living Toronto (Toronto)
- Con's Electric Company Ltd. (Timmins)
- Classic Honda (Brampton)
- Deloro Stellite (Belleville)
- Elliot Lake Ford (Elliot Lake)
- Flo Components Ltd (Mississauga)
- George and Asmussen Ltd. (Breslau)
- Laser Electric Ltd. (Balderson)
- Mining Technologies International Inc. (North Bay)
- North America Construction Ltd. (Morriston)
- The Mane Obsession Hair Salon (Kingston)
- Toromont CAT (Thunder Bay)
- Wells Ford Sales Ltd. (Stirling)
Ontario's economy is turning the corner to a better tomorrow. Supporting measures to improve education and training are cornerstones of the McGuinty government's plan to build a knowledge-based economy for the future.
- There are more than 120,000 apprentices learning a skilled trade today - double the number from 2002-2003.
- Since these awards began in 2002, more than 200 employers have been nominated.
“Through their dedication to training apprentices, these exceptional employers are making an important contribution to Ontario's economy, as well as their own businesses. They are helping build the skilled workforce we need to compete and prosper.”