Ontario To Honour Achievement In Victim Services
McGuinty Government Recognizes Victims Awareness Week
Ontario is calling for nominations to recognize the outstanding achievements of people who provide support to victims of crime.
Nominations for the Attorney General's Victim Services Awards of Distinction can be made until July 16, 2008.
Open to both individuals and groups, the awards will recognize any of the following:
- Victims and others affected by crime who have raised the profile of victims' issues
- Those who deliver outstanding support to victims of crime
- Those who develop and implement innovative victim service programs and projects
- Volunteers and youth who support and help victims
Ontario funds a broad range of victim services. These services provide support in the immediate aftermath of crime, throughout the criminal justice process and as victims rebuild their lives.
- April 13-19, 2008, is National Victims of Crime Awareness Week.
- Nominations for awards will be reviewed by a selection panel consisting of members of the victim services community, staff from the Ministry of the Attorney General and members of the board of the Office for Victims of Crime.
- The awards will be presented in the fall.
- This is the second year of the awards program.
“We recognize the courage of victims of crime and the dedication of those who support them. You inspire and encourage all Ontarians to work together to build stronger, safer communities.”