Province Modernizing Liquor Laws
Here's what people are saying about modernizing liquor laws in Ontario:
"We appreciate the government's changes to the liquor laws, which will allow us the flexibility to ensure we're maximizing the festival experience for our patrons."
- Gary Masters, Executive Director, Festivals and Events Ontario
"These amendments will get rid of cumbersome rules that don't make sense, which is good for business and good for Ontario."
- John Kiru, President, Ontario Business Improvement Area Association
"We welcome these changes as they allow people to take their drinks into the retail section of our festival. This will create a better experience for patrons attending our event and will promote local artisans."
- Mark Monahan, Executive/Artistic Director, Ottawa Bluesfest
"These reforms are welcome and will give our members the opportunity to operate in a more modern regulatory environment."
- Tony Elenis, President & CEO, Ontario Restaurant Hotel and Motel Association
"This package removes a number of longstanding and unnecessary restrictions that will benefit the hospitality and tourism industries while maintaining the highest standards of social responsibility."
- Terry Mundel, Greater Toronto Hotel Association