Swearing-in Ceremony for Ontario's New Chief Justice
Lt. Gov. David C. Onley will be joined by Ontario's Attorney General Madeleine Meilleur and the federal Minister of Justice Peter MacKay to officially swear in the Honourable George R. Strathy as Chief Justice of Ontario.
|Date:||Monday, Sept. 8, 2014|
|Location:||Main Legislative Building, grand staircase |
No parking available on site. Street parking only.
- Media areas will be available on both sides of the staircase.
- The procession and swearing-in ceremony will be available to all Queen's Park Gallery members through the Legislative Assembly of Ontario's television pool feed.
- Media should enter through the east doors to the main legislative building, and must provide accreditation upon arrival. Media kits will be distributed.
- Non-accredited media must report to the Press Gallery on the third floor (room 387A) for media passes.
- Media may set up at 4 p.m., and must be in their fixed positions (media areas) no later than 4:45 p.m. (Guests will be seated by 4:45 p.m.).
Instructions for Accessing the Video Signal
Media will be able to access an analog, letterboxed video signal of the swearing-in ceremony on the Legislative Assembly's standby line on the Bell Television Operating Centre. A graphic advertisement, along with a 1 khz. audio tone on Channels 1 & 2 will be available. Audio of the ceremony is monaural.
The Television Operating Centre circuit IDs for this event are:
- OGQP2 (Ontario Government Queen's Park 2) or NOVFNT200070.