Nomination Deadline Approaching For Diamond Jubilee Medal
E-Nomination Period Closes On April 30th
Ontarians should act soon to nominate outstanding community members for a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal.
This medal pays special tribute to Queen Elizabeth II's 60 years on the throne and honours her life-long commitment to her responsibilities, by recognizing those who have made significant contributions to Ontario and Canada.
The nomination process is open until 11:59 p.m. on April 30.
- Over 2,000 Ontarians will receive a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal.
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II's 60-year reign is the second-longest for a British monarch - only Queen Victoria has reigned longer.
- Her coronation service in 1953 was the first to be televised.
- In celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Ontario in May.
- Watch the Premier talk about the Queen's Diamond Jubilee
- Find out more about nominating someone for a Queen's Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Find out about other honours or awards programs
“I encourage all Ontarians not to miss this great opportunity to nominate members of their community who share the Queen's outstanding qualities of kindness and devotion to duty, and her spirit of dedication to the public good.”