Beijing Announcements and Signings
Today in Beijing, Deputy Premier Matthews and Minister Chan witnessed the signing of new business and collaboration agreements between several Ontario and Chinese companies:
- Following a very successful meeting with China's leading supplier of agri-products, diversified foodstuffs and services, Deputy Premier Matthews signed Ontario's first MOU with COFCO Trading Ltd of Beijing. The agreement will develop collaborative relationships in the areas of research and development and technological innovation intended to lead towards new trade and investment opportunities to benefit both jurisdictions.
- COFCO Wines & Spirits Co. Ltd. also signed a 10 year agreement with Joseph's Estate Wines that will bring more Ontario ice wine to China to help meet the growing demand for this signature product.
- Wing On New Group Canada Inc. and Americo International Commodity E-Commerce Warehouse have committed to purchasing Ontario food products and household goods.
- Enerhancer Motor Group Ltd. signed a Strategic Cooperation Partnership Agreement with the Liaoyuan Municipal Government as well as Hebei Provincial Clean Energy Investment Company Ltd. to commercialize its Combustion Enhancement with Water Technology (CEWT). The commercialization of this technology will provide a power source that produces reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
- Tianjin Bridge Group and Goubuli Restaurant signed an agreement to establish the first of six restaurants in Canada. Ontario's diversity and large Chinese population made it a natural choice for Goubuli Restaurant to choose Ontario as the beginning of their North American expansion plans.