Ontario Building a New Multi-Service Centre in Prescott-Russell
Province Investing $4 Million to Help Protect and Support Families
Ontario is investing $4 million in a new multi-service building to make it easier for residents in the Prescott-Russell area to access a wide range of services and programs in one place.
Construction is beginning on the new Valoris for Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell building in the Township of Embrun in Eastern Ontario. This community hub, expected to be completed in 2016, will bring together a range of community and social services in French and English, including:
- Counselling for women and children who have experienced violence
- Services for adults and youth with developmental disabilities, and
- Child welfare and children's mental health services.
Providing vulnerable people and families with programs and services to meet their needs is part of Ontario's plan to help everyone in the province be full and active participants in their communities. It is also part of the government's four-part plan to invest in people's talents and skills, make the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario's history, create a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and build a secure retirement savings plan.
- Valoris for Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell is a multi-service agency in Eastern Ontario that delivers more than 50 government-funded programs in service hubs in French and English.
- Led and established at the local level, community hubs are one way to respond to community needs by enhancing community partnerships, and improving access to more efficient and sustainable services for Ontarians.
- Ontario will implement recommendations from the Premier’s Advisory Group on Community Hubs to make it easier to create community hubs in Ontario.
“This new centre will make it easier for Prescott-Russell residents to get the services they need by offering them a one-stop shop for many programs. Bringing a variety of related services and supports under one roof makes it easier for families and individuals to find the programs they need.”
“Our community will be better served as a result of this new building because it will help Valoris coordinate services, better meet the needs of its clients, and strengthen our communities.”
“Valoris greatly appreciates the generous capital grant allocated by the Ministry of Community and Social Services for the construction of a new building in Embrun. This project will help us provide better access to services to the western part of the counties and more effectively meet the needs of the growing communities of Russell, Embrun, Casselman and Limoges.”