New Valoris Multi-Service Building Now Open in Prescott-Russell
Ontario Investing in Children, Teenagers and Adults in Need
Ontario is celebrating the grand opening of the new Valoris for Children and Adults in Prescott-Russell, which will offer many services to the community at one location.
Today, Grant Crack, MPP for Glengarry-Prescott-Russell, on behalf of Dr. Helena Jaczek, Minister of Community and Social Services, was at the new community hub to help celebrate its opening.
The multi-service building will help children and adults in the community, through a variety of supports in both English and French, including:
- Counselling for women, children and families who have experienced violence
- Services for adults and youth with developmental disabilities
- Child welfare and children's mental health services.
This investment aligns with the government's commitment to support community hubs and help people across the province access multiple services under one roof within their communities.
Providing vulnerable people and families with programs and services to meet their needs is part of the government's plan to help people in their everyday lives.
- Ontario invested $4 million in the new building in August 2015.
- Valoris for Children and Adults of Prescott-Russell is a multi-service agency in Eastern Ontario that delivers more than 50 government-funded programs in service hubs in French and English.
- Community hubs are a service delivery model that brings together service providers to offer a range of services that respond to demonstrated community needs and priorities.
- Community hubs are a place-based (digital and physical) client -focused approach to linking supports and services for the wider community.
“The new Valoris for Children and Adults in Prescott-Russell will make it easier for people to get a range of services and supports all in one place. This investment reflects the Ontario government’s determination to put people at the centre of the services we provide.”
Dr. Helena Jaczek
“This new building is a real boost for our community. Our residents will have better access to important community and social services under one roof.”
“Agencies like Valoris are crucial to help position Ontario’s children and youth for successful lives, and I am thrilled Ontario is investing in this organization's future. This is an exceptional facility that helps children with special complex needs and their families access vital services such as crisis response, mental health services and residential and non-residential services.”
“We are pleased to be joining the Township of Russell and we look forward to furthering our involvement in this community. Valoris staff will continue to provide important services to surrounding communities including Casselman, Embrun, Forest Park, Fournier, La Nation, Limoges, Marionville, St-Albert and St-Isidore. Valoris is thankful for the generous capital grant allocated by the Ministry of Community and Social Services for the construction of this new building.”