Ontario Welcomes Business Mission From India
McGuinty Government Creating Business Opportunities
The Ontario government is hosting a business mission from India, aimed at developing greater business and trade opportunities between Canada and the subcontinent.
The June 14-17 India Calling visit to Ontario by industry leaders, politicians and government officials from India follows successful Ontario business missions to India in 2007 and 2008.
This mission has three objectives:
- Build on the momentum of previous Ontario missions to India
- Concentrate on business opportunities in both Ontario and India
- Provide meetings between potential business partners
- Ontario exports to India rose 300 per cent between 2003 and 2007.
- Two-way trade between Ontario and India increased 84 per cent over the same time period.
- 35 agreements were signed during Ontario's 2007 mission to increase trade, investment and cultural links between Ontario and India.
- Sectors to be focused on during the Toronto visit include Education, Infrastructure, Energy, Information and Communications Technology, and Banking and Financial Services.
“We're strengthening our relationship and increasing bilateral trade, creating opportunity, prosperity and the next generation of jobs for Ontario and India.”
“Government and industry leaders from India and Ontario must continue to work together to build even stronger connections to boost mutual growth and prosperity.”