Powerbase energy markets new bio-fuel system
McGuinty Government Partners With Business To Create Jobs
Ontario is supporting businesses that will attract investment and create jobs in eastern Ontario.
Powerbase Energy Systems Inc. will receive $213,000 under the Eastern Ontario Development Fund. The grant will allow the growing company to create 23 jobs over four years, as well as commercialize a "made-in-Ontario" small-scale biogas system for Canadian agriculture. This new system will provide the opportunity for farmers to save on their electricity costs as well as benefit from another source of income.
Partnering with businesses is part of the government's five-point economic plan.
- Powerbase Energy Systems has 20 employees working at its main office in Carleton Place.
- The Ontario Sustainable Energy Association estimates that there are 8,000 farms in Ontario that powerbase can work with to operate a 100-200kW bio-fuel system.
- The Eastern Ontario Development Fund is an $80-million, four-year program focused on attracting investment and supporting job creation in eastern Ontario .
- Read about the Eastern Ontario Economic Development Fund, or contact someone by phone at 1-866-909-9951.
- Find out more about Eastern Ontario key sectors supporting the food processing sector by visiting Ontario East Economic Development supporting the food processing sector.
- Check green energy-related information at the Ministry of Energy and Infrastructure and the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA).
“Innovative businesses like Powerbase Energy Systems contribute to rural economic diversification and help position Ontario as an energy leader. Powerbase Energy Systems is a leading example of the important synergies between business and the environment.”
“The new Synergy Biogas System establishes Powerbase Energy Systems as a community champion and one of North America's technological leaders in agricultural bio-fuel systems.”
“We're thrilled about the government's support of our new product and are encouraged by the opportunities this will create for our community, as well as the sales and export potential this means for us.”