Communication Enabled Applications (CEAs)
Examples of potential applications for CEAs include:
- An instance where a seriously injured person arrives at a hospital. A CEA would send information on the patient's needs and condition immediately to qualified medical personnel, locate the nearest available required equipment and ensure the patient's needs are met as soon as he/she enters the door.
- A situation where a company is shipping perishable goods and the truck is delayed. A CEA would recognize that the shipment is delayed, determine that the shipment will spoil before it reaches its destination, locate the exact location of the shipment, find the closest customer for the shipment, contact the driver and provide new instructions, documentation and authorization, contact the original receiver to arrange for an alternate delivery and contact the shipper to coordinate changes all in the blink of an eye.
- A scenario where a fire breaks out in a nursing home. A CEA would send immediate emails and voice messages to the appropriate response personal with specific instructions on how to quickly secure the safety of those in the building information on where the fire starts, how the fire could spread, where the closest emergency responders are and who needs special assistance to evacuate the building.
- A circumstance where planes are landing at a congested airport, causing them to have to wait for gates and gate crews. A CEA would automatically link the tower control system to the arrival system, so that as soon as gate decisions get made, ground crews, catering, baggage handling, fuel crews, airport monitors, gate agents and rebooking staff all have the same information speeding up the flow through the airport and saving associated fuel and wait costs.
- A moment when a utility company needs to make a house call to activate, install or repair equipment, thus, requiring access to a house. A CEA would automatically track the location of the service truck, track the location of the next visit/customer order and instantly launch a call to the customer's preferred number or email indicating a precise arrival time of the service truck thus avoiding the need for a customer to spend a day waiting at home for the service person.