Supporting Innovation and Creating Jobs Across Ontario
Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE)
The Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE) is Ontario's new, province-wide innovation network.
The purpose of ONE is to align all of the programs and resources Ontario has to support innovators who are working to turn great ideas into globally competitive companies and cutting-edge products and services.
When innovators walk into the nearest ONE member's office, they will have access to best practices from around the world, programs linking them to researchers and successful entrepreneurs, and assistance in accessing the funding and advice they need to take their ideas to market.
Ontario's new innovation network will make it easier for innovators to talk to each other. They will have access to expertise just around the block -- and right across the province. It won't matter where you are or what stage your idea or business is at. All that will matter is the quality of your idea, the depth of your commitment and your drive to succeed.
ONE is the next step in delivering Ontario's Innovation Agenda, and the next step in unlocking the tremendous potential and remarkable talent across our province. It supports the McGuinty government's Open Ontario Plan to build new opportunities for economic growth and jobs.
Ontario Network of Excellence - Programs and Services
The programs and services of ONE will include:
- Help strengthen entrepreneurial skills
- Create globally competitive businesses, and
- Support innovators as they deal with all the challenges and opportunities that come with building an innovative company.
Industry-academic collaboration programs and services: Including programs and services to:
- Accelerate the movement of world-class research discoveries from Ontario's labs to the global marketplace
- Support industry-academic collaboration on technical research challenges by linking entrepreneurs with existing research institutions like colleges, universities and hospitals, and
- Develop talent by cultivating entrepreneurial and business skills, providing real world experience for Ontario's next generation of innovators.
Sector-based expertise: Including specialized services geared towards a specific industry sector, such as:
- Knowledge of the sector
- Academic resources such as researchers and equipment
- Regulatory environment knowledge and guidance, and
- Market development and other knowledge to help clients bring products or services to market faster and more effectively.
Clients will be able to access all ONE programs and services through ONE member organizations across the province.
For further information on the Ontario Network of Excellence (ONE), please visit: www.oneinnovation.ca.