Automotive Manufacturing Company Creating 66 Good Jobs
McGuinty Government Helps Auto Warren Industries Ltd. Turn The Corner In Concord
Ontario is helping Warren Industries Ltd., a Concord-based auto parts manufacturer, create 66 good Ontario jobs and protect 20 existing positions, bringing the company's workforce to more than 200 people.
The company will build new production facilities, specialize in vehicle door, hood and trunk hinge manufacturing, and increase efficiency with improvements to automation, stamping, packaging and transportation. These changes will allow the company to become a leader in the industry and attract business from automakers around the world.
Partnering with local business is a key component of the Open Ontario plan and of 2011 Ontario Budget - Turning the Corner, to create and support 10,000 new and existing jobs for Ontario families and strengthen our local economies.
- Ontario is providing over $2.5-million to support the company's $8.36-million investment in new production facilities in Concord.
- The company has won contracts valued at approximately $100-million to supply Volkswagen AG for the next six years, which is transferring work previously done abroad to Warren Industries' Concord, Ontario facilities.
- Ontario has previously made similar investments in ITS Electronics of Concord and 6N Silicon in Vaughan, helping to builld new facilities and create good jobs for Ontario families.
- As a result of the tax changes implemented in Ontario, taxes on business investment were cut in half, making Ontario more competitive and encouraging to new business growth.
- So far, Ontario has recovered 93 per cent of the jobs lost in the recession.
“Supporting growth that increases opportunities for Ontario companies will help the province to continue to turn the corner. This investment transfers work to Ontario from overseas and will provide good jobs and tremendous benefits for our province's automotive supply chain.”
“Supporting industry and helping companies like Warren Industries prosper will help them become a leading Tier 1 supplier which increases their chances of gaining new business with other global manufacturers and provides good jobs here for the people of Concord.”
“We are pleased to innovate our operations to ensure the continued growth and profitability of our company. The support from the Government of Ontario has been instrumental in helping us move ahead with this project.”