Helping The Construction Industry In Rockland Turn The Corner
McGuinty Government Helps Create 10 New Jobs In Eastern Ontario
Ontario is helping an Eastern Ontario construction company create 10 new jobs in Rockland.
A. Potvin Construction Ltd. is improving its products and increasing its market share through new equipment and increased automated equipment at the plant. Expansion of its existing building will accommodate additional loading bays, as well as automated spray lines for its custom kitchen cabinets, trims, framing, and siding. The improved plant layout and new equipment will allow the company to be more efficient and productive.
Partnering with local business is a key component of the 2011 Ontario Budget - Turning the Corner, to create and support 10,000 new and existing jobs for Ontario families and strengthen our local economies.
- The company's $2.4 million investment is supported by a grant of more than $240,000 from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund (EODF).
- To date, the EODF has committed $30 million to more than 60 announced projects, representing a total project investment of over $210 million and more than 875 new jobs created and 5,000 jobs retained.
- So far, Ontario has recovered 93 per cent of the jobs lost in the recession.
- As a result of the tax changes implemented in Ontario, taxes on business investment were cut in half, making Ontario more competitive and encouraging new business investments.
- See how Ontario's Budget 2011 is supporting job creation and helping the province's economy to turn the corner.
- Visit the Eastern Ontario Development Fund or call 1 866-909-9951 for more information on funding opportunities for eastern Ontario.
- Check out government-funded programs and services for Ontario businesses.
“Increasing productivity is key to helping Ontario's economy continue to turn the corner. That's why our government is supporting local businesses, like A. Potvin Construction, in modernizing their operations and creating jobs.”
“Private investment and confidence in the economy is what drives growth and community development and makes winners out of places like A. Potvin Construction. We are proud of the contribution our Eastern Ontario companies make to the economy and good jobs for the good people of Rockland.”
“We're very pleased about the Ontario government's decision to help us with our expansion project. This is encouraging to us as we look to improve our offerings and better serve our customers.”