Supporting Manufacturing Jobs in Palmerston
Ontario Helps MSW Canadian Plastics Increase Production and Grow Exports
Ontario is helping MSW Canadian Plastics expand while creating nine new jobs and retaining 12 existing jobs in Palmerston.
The company makes polyvinyl chloride (PVC) wall panels and ceiling liners for use in commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential construction. With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, MSW Canadian Plastics will build four new state-of-the-art production lines to increase production and help the company pursue foreign markets.
Modelled on the proven Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is helping to create jobs and diversify the economy by encouraging regional businesses to pursue innovation and new markets. Together these two funds have created and retained more than 21,000 jobs and strengthened local economies.
Providing the right climate to attract investment, create jobs and grow the economy is part of the government's plan to build a prosperous and fair province.
- Ontario is providing $250,000 towards the project.
- MSW Canadian Plastics supplies customers in Canada, the U.S., Central and South America and has recently begun selling to Northern European markets.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs.
- Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Since October 2012, the government has committed over $25 million through Southwestern Ontario Development Funding, leveraging a total investment of $221 million. These investments have helped to create and retain about 6,000 jobs.
“Our partnership with MSW Canadian Plastics will help this fast-growing company reach out to new markets around the world. The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is attracting new investment and creating jobs, making Ontario’s business climate more competitive. As Ontario’s economy continues to go global, companies like MSW Canadian Plastics are leading the charge.”
Dr. Eric Hoskins
“We’re thankful for the support of the Ontario government and the people of Ontario, which will help us expand production and also expand our reach into foreign markets.”