Creating New Jobs in London
Ontario Supports Expansion of Boler Mountain
Ontario is helping Boler Mountain invest in a new Treetop Adventure Park while creating five new full-time and 30 new part-time jobs in London.
Ontario's Southwestern Ontario Development Fund helped create the new park that includes zip lines, rope courses, swinging bridges and nets for all skill-levels. The expansion is attracting adventure enthusiasts, families and adrenaline seekers to the year-round outdoor recreation facility.
Modelled on the proven Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is helping to create jobs and diversify the economy by encouraging regional businesses to pursue innovation and new markets. Together these two funds have created and retained more than 22,000 jobs and strengthened local economies.
Partnering with business is part of the government's economic plan to create jobs and help people in their everyday lives by investing in people, building strong infrastructure and supporting a dynamic and innovative business climate across Ontario.
- Ontario is providing a grant of $106,404 towards the project.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs.
- Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Since October 2012, the government has committed $30 million through Southwestern Ontario Development Funding, attracting a total investment of $285 million. These investments have helped to create over 1,600 new jobs and retained more than 5,400 existing jobs in the region.
- As part of the Fall Economic Statement, Ontario is examining new measures to increase business investment — in particular, "pay or play" measures to boost R&D investment and encourage more employee training.
“We are proud to support this new Treetop Adventure Park that is bringing excitement and jobs to the community. With the provincial government’s support, Boler Mountain’s new adventure park is also helping to attract visitors from across southwestern Ontario and neighbouring regions — benefiting local businesses and the community throughout the year.”
Dr. Eric Hoskins
“I’m delighted that our government is supporting another project to promote outdoor activity, get people more active and give families a chance to spend some time together.”
“Our new adventure park is giving unique outdoor recreation experiences to individuals and families, as well as corporate groups and sports teams who want to engage in team building activities that challenge the mind and body. Our partnership with the Ontario government is helping us diversify our markets and expand the services we offer. We are proud to have become TripAdvisor’s number 1 ranked London tourist attraction.”