Héroux-Devtek Chooses Cambridge for Aerospace Expansion
Ontario Supports New Jobs in Advanced Manufacturing
Ontario is helping Héroux-Devtek grow its aerospace landing gear business with a new manufacturing facility in Cambridge that will create 40 jobs.
The state-of-the-art facility will play a key role in the company fulfilling a major contract to supply Boeing. The total investment is valued at $54.2 million, with $7.05 million in support from Ontario.
The project further strengthens the province's aerospace sector, particularly in commercial landing gear, where Ontario is a leader and accounts for a major share of the global market.
Partnering with industry to boost innovation and competitiveness is part of the government's economic plan for Ontario. The four-part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people's talents and skills, building new public infrastructure like roads and transit, creating a dynamic, supportive environment where business thrives, and building a secure savings plan so everyone can afford to retire.
- Support for Héroux-Devtek aligns with Ontario’s strategic investment scorecard, which identifies projects that will increase productivity, bolster innovation and enhance exports.
- The Boeing contract represents the first time Héroux-Devtek is building a complete landing gear system for a large commercial aircraft.
- Aerospace is a key component of Ontario’s advanced manufacturing sector, directly employing 17,000 people.
- Ontario aerospace manufacturers are part of the global supply chain for virtually every passenger aircraft in the world and 15 of the top 25 global aerospace companies have key operations in the province.
- Over 80 per cent of the production from Ontario’s aerospace sector is exported to the U.S. and international markets.
“Today’s announcement is great news for Ontario’s aerospace sector, and demonstrates how targeted, strategic investments can strengthen key Ontario industries. Héroux-Devtek’s new facility is at the forefront of both industry technology and productivity. With this investment, we ensure these capabilities remain in Ontario where they can continue growing.”
“We’re delighted to welcome Héroux-Devtek to Cambridge’s business community. They join our city’s diversified economy with particular strengths in technology and advanced manufacturing. I’m proud that our government is taking a proactive role in helping ambitious companies to grow and create jobs in our region.”
“This new facility will play a pivotal role in executing the most important landing gear contract in Héroux-Devtek’s history and its high level of automation will allow us to supply superior quality products to Boeing at a very competitive cost. We sincerely thank the Government of Ontario for supporting our industry, in which Canada ranks fifth worldwide.”