Ontario Investing in Manufacturing in Guelph
Province Partnering with Guelph Manufacturing to Help Create Jobs
Ontario is partnering with Guelph Manufacturing to invest in new equipment and expand its capabilities, creating 31 new jobs and retaining 523 positions in Guelph.
Guelph Manufacturing specializes in welding, metal stamping, and tube and wire forming for the automotive sector. With a grant of $874,800 from the province, the company is investing more than $8.7 million to increase its manufacturing capabilities.
This expansion will allow Guelph Manufacturing to offer larger parts, improve production efficiencies to become more competitive, and develop in-house design engineering capabilities to better meet client needs.
Investing in manufacturing is part of Ontario's plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Ontario is investing $874,800 from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, supporting an additional investment of $7,872,840 from Guelph Manufacturing, for a total value of $8,747,640. The project is expected to be completed in 2020.
- Since 2013, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and Eastern Ontario Development Fund have helped to create and retain more than 36,500 jobs and attracted approximately $1.73 billion in investment. The funds cover up to 15 per cent of eligible project costs, with the recipient company funding the remainder from its own resources.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Ontario’s five-year, $400-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale-up and modernizing regulations for businesses.
- Find out if your business qualifies for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund
- Southwestern Ontario Development Fund grant recipients
“Our government is pleased to support Guelph Manufacturing’s plans to expand its capabilities to better compete in an increasingly tough auto sector. The company is a major employer in this community, and this investment will help to bring more jobs to the Guelph area.”
“I’m proud our government is making investments like these that will help expand local manufacturing. These jobs are great news for Guelph and this company’s continued growth is excellent news for the province as a whole.”
“We are excited about expanding our capabilities and building a solid foundation that will set us up for continued growth. Our partnership with the Ontario government has helped us grow our operations and create more jobs here in Guelph.”