Strengthening Auto Sector Manufacturing in London
Province Partnering with Armo-Tool to Help Create Jobs
Ontario is partnering with Armo-Tool to help expand its operations, creating 15 new jobs and retaining 145 positions in London.
Armo-Tool is a leading manufacturer that has supplied the province's auto sector for more than 45 years. The company specializes in tooling, fixtures, stamping dies, custom automation, robotic equipment and tubing solutions.
With the assistance of the province, Armo-Tool is investing more than $7.6 million to expand its London facility and upgrade its equipment. This will enable the company to boost productivity, increase its capacity and better meet the needs of its customer base.
A previous Ontario investment in Armo-Tool helped create 35 jobs, more than double the amount that was expected, between 2013 and 2016. This enabled the company to add new equipment to better serve its customers.
Supporting auto parts manufacturing is part of Ontario's plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Ontario is investing $611,600 from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund for this project. The project is expected to be completed in September 2020.
- Since 2013, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and Eastern Ontario Development Fund have helped to create and retain more than 36,500 jobs and attracted approximately $1.73 billion in investment. The funds cover up to 15 per cent of eligible project costs, with the recipient company funding the remainder from its own resources.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Ontario’s five-year, $400-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale-up and modernizing regulations for businesses.
- Find out if your business qualifies for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund
- Southwestern Ontario Development Fund grant recipients
- Watch Minister Duguid make the announcement at Armo-Tool
“Our government is pleased to support Armo-Tool’s plans to expand its business and increase its production capacity. Armo-Tool is a major employer in this community, and this investment will help to bring more jobs to the London area.”
“I’m proud our government is investing in local businesses like Armo-Tool. This investment will create new jobs and help boost our economy. It’s wonderful news for Londoners and their families.”
“At Armo-Tool we are dedicated to continually improving our processes and systems through innovation. Our partnership with the Ontario government has helped us grow our and create more jobs in our community.”