Ontario Strengthening Advanced Manufacturing in Millhaven
Province Partnering with Direct Coil to Help Create Jobs
Ontario is partnering with Direct Coil Inc. to help the company invest in new equipment and expand its business, creating 20 new jobs and retaining 73 positions in Millhaven.
Direct Coil designs and manufactures heat transfer products, primarily heating and cooling coils found in furnaces, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, as well as other engineered products.
With support from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the company is investing in new equipment to increase its production capabilities. This will help reduce lead times to meet growing customer demands and increase its export markets.
A previous Eastern Ontario Development Fund investment in Direct Coil also helped the company make infrastructure upgrades and add two coil lines, effectively tripling Direct Coil's production capacity.Investing in eastern Ontario businesses is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.
- Ontario is investing $268,600 from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund for this project, supporting an additional investment of $2,417,400 from Direct Coil, for a total value of $2,686,000. The project is expected to be completed by September of 2020.
- Between 2011 and 2014, Direct Coil received an Eastern Ontario Development Fund grant of $281,496.
- Since 2013, the Eastern Ontario Development Fund and the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund have helped to create and retain more than 36,500 jobs and attracted approximately $1.73 billion in investment. The funds cover up to 15 per cent of eligible project costs, with the recipient company funding the remainder from its own resources.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Eastern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs. Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, food processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Ontario’s five-year, $400-million Business Growth Initiative is helping to grow the economy and create jobs by promoting an innovation-based economy, helping small companies scale up and modernizing regulations for businesses.
“Our government is committed to supporting our communities through strategic investments like these that will help grow our economy. The growth of companies like Direct Coil is great news for eastern Ontario and for the province as a whole.”
“I’m pleased our government is investing in innovative and ambitious companies like Direct Coil, which is a major employer in Millhaven. This partnership will create exporting opportunities, bring more jobs to eastern Ontario, and help boost our economy.”
“At Direct Coil we are excited about expanding our business and building a solid foundation for continued growth. We are pleased to partner with the Ontario government to help us grow our business and bring more jobs to our community.”