21 New Projects Announced as part of Automotive Supplier Competitiveness Improvement Program
The province's Automotive Supplier Competitiveness Improvement Program (ASCIP) supports companies in Ontario's auto parts sector adopt industry leading software, hardware and/or providing training to improve processes and boost competitiveness.
The program is administered by Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) in conjunction with the Automotive Parts Manufacturers' Association (APMA).
Total support provided through ASCIP is valued at more than $1.8 million with contributions from the project companies and their partners bringing the combined overall value of the projects to almost $6.5 million.
Stream 1 -- Technology Adoption
Provides grants to Ontario-based small and medium-sized auto parts supplier firms that conduct projects to advance product life cycle management and improve competitiveness through the adoption of advanced hardware, software and/or training.
Nineteen projects announced under Round 2:
1. Absolute Industrial Management (Windsor)
2. Artisan Metal Finishing (London)
3. Central Stampings Ltd. (Windsor)
4. Eurospec Tooling (Newmarket)
5. INKAS Group of Companies (Toronto)
6. Innovative Automation Inc. (Barrie)
7. JM Die Ltd. (Mississauga)
8. Kingsville Plastics Ltd. (Kingsville)
9. Kuntz Electroplating Inc. (Kitchener)
10. Lamko Tool & Mold Inc. (London)
11. Matcor-Matsu Auto (Brampton)
12. Mega Mold International Inc. (Maidstone)
13. MTech Canada Ltd. (Toronto)
14. New World Friction (Cambridge)
15. Ontario Drive and Gear Ltd. (New Hamburg)
16. Pine Valley Packaging Ltd. (Uxbridge)
17. Prodomax Automation Inc. (Barrie)
18. Ramsden Industries Ltd. (London)
19. UltraFit Manufacturing (Mississauga)
Stream 2 -- Mentorship Pilot Program
Provides grants to Ontario-based small and medium-sized auto parts supplier firms that conduct projects to improve operational efficiency and competitiveness through the adoption of lean manufacturing practices.
Two projects announced under Round 1:
1. Pavaco Plastics Inc. (Hematite Manufacturing Division) (Guelph)
2. Windsor Mold Group (Windsor)