Ontario Helping Companies Grow and Create Jobs in Eastern Ontario
McGuinty Government Helps Create and Protect Over 2,000 Jobs
Ontario is helping 14 companies expand and create over 200 jobs while sustaining 2,100 existing positions.
With support from the Eastern Ontario Development Fund, businesses have contributed to growing local economies by investing in new facilities and technologies, improving their productivity, and creating jobs, including:
- EPC Industries Limited/PolyCello: The flexible packaging manufacturer is creating 16 new jobs and retaining 39 jobs by expanding its production operations to accommodate new plastic materials and increase its competitiveness.
- Ross Video Limited: The design and manufacturing company is investing in equipment and distribution systems to introduce a new line of robotic cameras for export markets. The project will create 25 new jobs and retain 160 jobs.
- G.T. Machining & Fabricating Ltd.: The world-class exporter of diverse metal products is creating 25 new jobs and retaining 138 positions by increasing production and adding 5,000 square feet of manufacturing space.
Providing the right climate to attract investment and build business is part of the McGuinty government's plan to create jobs and strengthen the economy. A strong economy protects the services that mean most to families - health care and education.
- Ontario recently passed the Attracting Investment and Creating Jobs Act, making the Eastern Ontario Development Fund permanent and creating the new Southwestern Ontario Development Fund.
- Since the Eastern Ontario Development Fund was established in 2008, more than 100 projects were announced, helping to create over 2,200 new jobs and protecting more than 11,000 existing jobs.
- The 2012 Ontario Budget takes strong action to balance Ontario’s books by 2017-18 while protecting health care and education, which are essential to creating jobs and building the economy.
- Employment in Ontario has increased by 324,900 net jobs from the recessionary low in June 2009.
- Ontario's economy is projected to grow at 1.7 per cent in 2012, 2.2 per cent in 2013 and 2.4 per cent in 2014.
“Ontario is proud of its dedicated entrepreneurs and skilled workers. Eastern Ontario’s outstanding business record and the success of our partnerships in this region have prompted our government to continue the Eastern Ontario Development Fund.”
“Our entrepreneurs in this area are an inspiration to other business owners. They lead on many fronts and their tenacity and ingenuity are proof that you can make it even when the going gets tough.”