Supporting Manufacturing Jobs in Elmira
Ontario Helps Elmira Pet Products Grow its Business
Ontario is helping Elmira Pet Products expand while creating 25 new jobs and retaining 146 existing jobs in the region.
With support from the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund, Elmira Pet Products will purchase new equipment and technology to increase production of its premium private label pet food. This expansion will help the company install milling equipment to meet demand from its customers in the European Union.
Modelled on the proven Eastern Ontario Development Fund, the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is helping to create jobs and diversify the economy by encouraging regional businesses to pursue innovation and new markets. Together these two funds have created and retained more than 21,000 jobs and strengthened local economies.
Providing the right climate to attract investment, create jobs and grow the economy is part of the government's plan to build a prosperous and fair province.
- Ontario is providing $1.3 million towards the project.
- 10 per cent of Elmira Pet Foods sales are exported to Europe and Asia.
- Ontario is accepting applications for the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund from qualified businesses that are growing and creating jobs.
- Sectors eligible for the fund include advanced manufacturing, processing, life sciences, information and communications technology, tourism and cultural industries.
- Since October 2012, the government has committed $25 million through Southwestern Ontario Development Funding, leveraging a total investment of $221 million. These investments have helped to create and retain about 6,000 jobs.
“Elmira Pet Products is an important employer in this community and a key contributor to the regional economy. We’re happy our partnership will help bring quality pet foods produced here in Ontario to customers around the world. The Southwestern Ontario Development Fund is attracting investment, creating jobs, and helping our province compete globally.”
“Elmira Pet Products is pleased to work with the Ontario government. This expansion will help us meet global demand for quality pet food and we will become an international leader in this sector.”