Toronto Well Served in First Year of Service Ontario
McGuinty Government Is Making It Easier With Fast, Convenient Downtown Service
It has never been easier to get a health card, driver's licence or marriage certificate in downtown Toronto, and thousands of satisfied customers have discovered the quick convenience of ServiceOntario in the past year.
Since it opened last summer, ServiceOntario-College Park has served over 285,000 customers, and now serves about 1,300 people a day in downtown Toronto.
ServiceOntario offers a range of provincial government services for individuals and businesses, including, outdoor cards, regular and emergency birth, marriage and death certificate applications, health cards, driver and vehicle permits and licences, business name registrations, renewals and searches - and more.
ServiceOntario at College Park is located at 777 Bay Street (at the southeast corner of Bay and College Streets). It is easily accessible by public transit at College Station on the Yonge-University-Spadina subway line and is open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- ServiceOntario will provide approximately 40 million service transactions to more than 12 million Ontarians over the next year.
- ServiceOntario introduced the first government money-back service guarantee in North America with success rate of more than 99.7 per cent.
- It now offers:
- A 15-business-day service guarantee for birth, marriage or death certificate
- premium five-day service guarantee for birth, marriage and death certificates
- two-day service guarantee for electronic master business licences.
- ServiceOntario makes services available across Ontario in four convenient ways:
- Online at www.ServiceOntario.ca
- At 70 self-serve kiosks across the province
- At in-person locations across the province
- Over the phone at 1-800-267-8097.
“ServiceOntario is making it easier for the people of this province to spend less time running around to different offices and more time doing what is important to them. Never in the history of this province has it been easier and faster to get a driver’s license, health card and a wide range of business services.”
“Torontonians who live and work downtown lead busy lives and need quick and convenient access to government services – and ServiceOntario – College Park delivers.”