Improving Access To Government Services
McGuinty Government Brings Health Card and Driver's Licence Renewals Under One Roof
Starting this fall, more Ontarians will be able to make one trip for health card, driver's licence and vehicle registration services.
Over the next several months, ServiceOntario will:
- Expand access to health card services from the current 27 OHIP offices to all 300 integrated ServiceOntario centres
- Make driver and vehicle services available at all 300 centres
- Deliver vehicle registration stickers within five business days when ordered online.
These changes will give people access to more routine government services than ever before, especially in rural and northern communities. Close to 95 per cent of all Ontarians will be within 10 kilometres of an integrated ServiceOntario centre.
- Currently, only two ServiceOntario centres offer health card, driver's licence and vehicle registration services under one roof.
- In rural communities, access to health card services will expand from 2 to 163 ServiceOntario centres.
- In northern communities, access to health card services will expand from 6 to 67 ServiceOntario centres.
- Address changes, birth certificates and outdoors card renewals are just some of the services offered online.
“Ontarians expect government to spend their tax dollars wisely to provide the excellent customer service they need and deserve. ServiceOntario is integrating services and consolidating locations to make things faster, friendlier and easier for people.”
Harinder S. Takhar