More Ontarians Turning To Ontario.ca
Fast, Convenient Services Available Online
Even more families are turning to Ontario.ca for help with their busy lives and to get fast, convenient access to government information and services.
Ontario.ca received over 15 million visits this year, with the most popular information searches including tips and suggestions on avoiding traffic jams, exploring outdoor activities and creating great homegrown meals. Ontarians were also looking for information about schools, finding a family doctor, and tax credit and benefit programs.
The top 10 most visited government sites are:
1. Ontario.ca -- for connections to all ministries, programs and services
2. Transportation -- for traffic cameras and road conditions
3. Careers -- to search for a career in government
4. Education -- to find information about public schools
5. Health and Long-Term Care -- to explore health care options, such as finding a family doctor
6. Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs -- for information on farm production, food processing and rural community building
7. Labour -- for rules about health and safety and employment standards
8. Natural Resources -- to book camp sites and get tips on enjoying nature
9. Attorney General -- for information about justice and the law
10. Finance -- for information about tax benefits
Making it easier for families and businesses to access government information and services is part of the McGuinty government's commitment to ensuring Ontarians have the information and services they need at their fingertips.
- On average, over 210,000 visits are made to Ontario government information web pages every day.
- Approximately 44,000 online transactions are fulfilled daily by ServiceOntario.
- The government has exceeded a 99.5 per cent success rate for its online service guarantees.
“There is so much valuable information on Ontario.ca just waiting to be discovered. I encourage all Ontarians to see what it has to offer.”
Harinder S. Takhar