Ontario Accepting Proposals To Pre-Qualify Future ServiceOntario Centre Competitions
The Ontario government is accepting proposals from individuals and businesses to pre-qualify as ServiceOntario centre operators in communities across the province.
The competition is open until 11:00 a.m. on January 5, 2015.
Applicants must reply to the Request for Proposals posted on the Ontario government's Online Tenders Portal. The competition is open to anyone, and submissions will be evaluated based on an applicant's experience in operating a similar retail business, and their ability to start-up and operate a ServiceOntario centre.
ServiceOntario centres offer a broad range of services from the Ontario government including driver, vehicle and health card services.
Successful applicants will become part of a roster of potential service providers called a Vendor of Record list that ServiceOntario will use to select candidates for local centres. Being a part of the list allows individuals and businesses to compete in future local competitions as opportunities become available; it does not necessarily guarantee work.
Current service providers must also apply under this process if they wish to continue operating a ServiceOntario centre after their current contract expires. Current contracts are not affected.
For more information, and to respond to the RFP, please go to the Ontario Tenders Portal
To view the RFP:
1. Visit Ontario.ca/Tenders (select preferred language)
2. Click on "To View and Search Current Tender Opportunities" beside the green arrow near the middle of the page
3. Beside "Project Info" select "contains" from the pull down menu
4. In the box to the right, type, "ServiceOntario centre"
5. Click on the "search" button
6. Click on "Vendor of Record for Service Providers to Operate Private ServiceOntario Centres" and view the RFP online
- There are nearly 300 ServiceOntario centres located in communities across Ontario. Two-thirds are owned and operated by private service providers.
- ServiceOntario processes more than 47 million interactions for Ontarians each year.
- Private service providers operate under the same policies and privacy rules as government-run centres.