Assisting The Municipality Of The Nation With Recovery
McGuinty Government Supports Reconstruction Efforts
Ontario is assisting the Municipality of The Nation with its efforts to repair damages caused by a landslide on March 27, 2010.
The municipality is eligible to receive up to $437,000 through the Ontario Disaster Relief Assistance Program (ODRAP) to help cover expenses related to:
- repairs and rebuilding of Villeneuve Road
- engineering reports required for the reinforcement of road stability.
- Sections of Villeneuve Road were destroyed by the landslide that hit the Municipality of The Nation on March 27, 2010. There were no injuries, and private property was not damaged.
- ODRAP is intended to help municipalities, private homeowners, farmers, small businesses and non-profit organizations whose essential property has been damaged in a natural disaster.
- Assistance under ODRAP may be granted when damages are so extensive that they exceed the financial resources of the affected individuals, the municipality and the community at large.
- ODRAP is not intended to be an alternative or a substitute for adequate insurance coverage.
“I would like to commend the local officials and community for their actions and co-operation in response to the damages caused by the landslide. Your efforts have been a tremendous help to the municipality.”
“We sympathize with the communities affected by the landslide. The Ontario government is pleased to help The Municipality of the Nation recover.”