Ontario Backs Young Entrepreneurs In Thunder Bay
McGuinty Government Funds Four New Local Businesses
Ontario is funding the start-up of four new business ventures spearheaded by young entrepreneurs in Thunder Bay.
The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) is providing a total of $100,000 to help launch the new businesses. Each entrepreneur is receiving $25,000 to help equip and furnish their new ventures.
The businesses are:
- Apple Wagon Films, a film and video production company
- Fairway Physiotherapy, a physical rehabilitation/massage therapy clinic
- Create A Wish, a giftware manufacturing business
- Little Steps Daycare, a childcare centre.
- To date, the Young Entrepreneur Program has contributed over half a million dollars in funding to the Thunder Bay region.
- This funding has helped to create approximately 40 jobs in 25 new businesses in and around Thunder Bay.
“We are proud to foster the ambitions and goals of our young northerners. They are providing their community with an array of business services and paving the way for future success stories.”