Ontario Helps Build Stronger Parry Sound Economy
McGuinty Government Helps Attract New Industry And Business
The Parry Sound Area is setting its sights on a stronger economy by looking to expand its commercial and industrial base.
Through its Northern Communities Investment Readiness (NCIR) initiative, the Ontario government is providing $20,000 to support a market study aimed at identifying ways to make the area more investment ready. The project is a partnership among the Town of Parry Sound, the Townships of Seguin and McDougall, and the local Community Business and Development Centre.
The study will:
- Identify appropriate industry and market potential of the area
- Create an action plan to diversify and market the area's economy
- Develop a communication strategy to attract business to the area.
- To date, more than $977,000 in investment readiness funding has been provided to 106 initiatives across the North.
- The Island Queen, Canada’s largest sightseeing cruise ship, docks in the Town of Parry Sound for its world-renowned tour of the Thirty Thousand Islands region of Georgian Bay.
“Our government is dedicated to helping northern communities develop their business and industrial potential.”