Young Entrepreneurs Start Businesses In Timmins Area
McGuinty Government Supports Job Creation In Northern Communities
Four new businesses run by young entrepreneurs are creating new jobs and economic activity in the Timmins and Kapuskasing region.
With support from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC), these new business owners are creating seven full-time jobs while bringing new skills, services and products to the communities they serve.
The new businesses are:
- D. Poulin Contracting - a South Porcupine company which provides residential construction and renovation services.
- Northern Ontario Billing Solutions - a Timmins company specializing in transactions between Ontario Health Insurance Plan and health care professionals.
- Nordic Rentals - a Kapuskasing company that rents construction equipment to contractors and homeowners.
- Perfect 10 Nails - a Timmins company that specializes in personal nail care and enhancement services.
- Ontario is providing $24,600 to Northern Ontario Billing Solutions and $25,000 to the three other companies under the NOHFC's Young Entrepreneur Program. This program offers conditional grants to Northern Ontario residents, aged 18 to 29, who wish to start a for-profit business.
- Nordic Rentals is receiving an additional $125,000 grant from the NOHFC's Northern Ontario Entrepreneur Program.
“Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation programs are part of the Open Ontario plan to create jobs and opportunities in Northern Ontario. They are delivering new investments that are strengthening communities and the northern economy.”