Thunder Bay/Superior North NCIR Projects
The Township of Schreiber, the Bingwi Neyaashi Anishinaabek First Nation and the Municipality of Greenstone are all receiving support from the Northern Communities Investment Readiness (NCIR) initiative to better identify and respond to investment opportunities that will create new jobs and grow local economies:
The Township of Schreiber will:
- complete a broad-based asset inventory to identify all economic development opportunities;
- complete a market study to identify the industrial/business sectors which represent the best opportunity for investment;
- and complete an analysis to identify gaps and needs with respect to investment attraction, as well as local business retention.
- create a three-dimensional tool that will promote the development of a new community;
- create a miniature model community that will provide investors with a detailed replica showcasing the community's boundaries, land acquisition and site plans;
- develop a comprehensive community profile that will be uploaded onto different websites, including Invest In Ontario;
- and hold training seminars to develop its capacity to attract and secure business investments.
- develop an enhanced community investment profile that will specifically target the mineral sector;
- conduct a market needs analysis, an economic impact study and develop a site selector strategy to identify the types of goods and services required to properly service the mining activity in the Ring of Fire area;
- and develop an investment attraction plan detailing the competitive advantages of doing business in Greenstone and the investment opportunities existing in the Ring of Fire.