New and Returning Board Members for Ontario Power Generation and Hydro One
Ontario has announced the following appointments and re-appointments to the board of directors for both Ontario Power Generation and Hydro One:
Ontario Power Generation
- Elisabeth (Lisa) DeMarco is a partner at Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, LLP and Head of the Toronto Energy, Sustainability and Climate Change International Business Group. She also has experience as a lawyer in the public sector and is a member of the board of directors of the Ontario Energy Association and the Toronto Atmospheric Fund Investment Committee.
- Brendan Hawley runs a consulting firm that specializes in advocacy communications. He has worked on issues related to energy, innovation and health care policy for a variety of public and private clients.
- Ira Kagan is a senior and founding partner of Kagan Shastri LLP. His practice has focused on municipal law, including representing clients in some of the leading land use cases in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Nicole Boivin is a business executive with more than 30 years' experience in financial services, telecommunications and public and not-for-profit industries. She is currently the chief branding officer for Manulife Financial.
Re-appointments to OPG's board include:
- Bernard Lord, Chair
- Tom Mitchell
- George Lewis
- Margaret Jean Mulligan
- Roberta Jamieson
- William Coley
- Gerry Phillips
- John Herron
Biographies of these individuals are available on OPG's web site.
- Tom Moss has more than 35 years of management experience in the telecommunications, software and government sectors both in Canada and in the United States. He has held senior executive positions with high profile public and private companies as well as with two start-up companies.
- John Wiersma is an electrical engineer and former board member of the Independent Electricity System Operator. He was the first president and CEO of Veridian Corporation until his retirement in 2004, and has worked for a number of other local utilities and public utility commissions.
- William Limbrick is the former vice president of information and technology services and chief information officer with the Independent Electricity System Operator. He also has extensive experience as a consultant and project manager. He has worked in numerous locations in Canada and Europe.
- Sally Daub has served as president and chief executive officer of ViXS Systems since 2001. She previously served as chair of the Small Business Agency of Ontario (part of what is now the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Employment) and as a board member of the Information Technology Association of Canada and the Global Semiconductor Association.
- Carole Workman is a member of the board of Allstate Insurance of Canada (Toronto). She has also served the Ottawa Hospital and its affiliates since 2007 and is a former member of Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. She currently works as a consultant in higher education administration.
- Maureen Sabia is the chairman of the board of Canadian Tire Corporation Limited, and has an extensive background with both private organizations and public bodies at the provincial and federal levels. Ms. Sabia has been named one of Canada's Most Powerful Women and is also an officer of the Order of Canada.
Re-appointments to Hydro One's board include:
- Sandra Pupatello, Chair
- Carmine Marcello
- Kathryn Bouey
- George Cooke
- Yezdi Pavri
- Gale Rubenstein
- Catherine Karakatsanis
- Don MacKinnon
Biographies of these individuals are available on Hydro One's web site.