NCIR Initiative Supports Northern Investment Readiness Projects
The Ontario government, through the Northern Communities Investment Readiness Initiative, committed funding to 20 new projects to help northern communities, First Nations and economic development corporations develop the tools and capability required to attract, receive and successfully explore investment opportunities and further advances the priorities of the Growth Plan for Northern Ontario.
More than $200,000 is committed to 20 investment readiness projects in:
• Bearskin Lake First Nation
• Couchiching First Nation
• City of Kenora
• Lake of the Woods Development Commission
• Mitaanjigamiing First Nation
• Township of Morley
• Nipissing First Nation
• Nokiiwin Tribal Council
• Northwest Angle #37 First Nation
• Patricia Area Community Endeavours Inc.
• Rainy River First Nations
• Township of Red Rock
• Sioux Lookout